Sunday, October 19, 2014

Casula: Memphis Wings (Ribs. Burgers. Subs)

Yeah. A new start.

I've wanted a food blog for a while now. A spot to finally share bits and pieces of my life AND what I'm nomming. You can expect some reviews, recipes, photos, and a fucking lot of swearing (something I stray away from doing on my beauty blog). Fuck yes!!

The vulgar-Tram comes out to play. And the hungry one too.


We're dining at Memphis Wings today, an American restaurant. Also serves some Mexican food.



It's opposite of Bing Lee at Casula's Crossroads, a tad further than Liverpool. First time here, with my sister being my tour guide. Lovely and chilled outdoor dining area (on a sunny day like this, that is) with a small section to dine-in.



Clean and neat, huh? You know what else is clean and neat?

Their menu! Pinned against the walls.


Prices changed a tad, in compared to the menu that's on their website.

Order the food, pick up one of these numbers and pick a table. Food will be delivered to your feet (lol).


The service, was really good. The girl was really nice to us. I said it was my first time there, so a tad confused, and she nicely explained what sauces you can get on the Memphis Wings that I ordered (yes, I consider that "nice", okay?).

We waited around, 15 minutes for our food, although it was somewhat empty.

Food are presented in small plastic red trays, topped with criss-crossed paper thingy. Shit. Forgot what they're called, but not important. Here's what we ordered:

Pulled Pork Sub ($9.50)

Pulled Pork Sub ($9.50) was delicious. The bun was extremely soft, the meat was tender. It tasted like a taco in a bread bun. The coleslaw that came with this was delicious too. Really yum. Would eat again.


Baby Rack Pork Ribs ($19.95)

Baby Rack Pork Ribs ($19.95) was quite nice too. Memphis lists their ribs as "BEST RIBS IN TOWN", and ribs are "slow cooked for 20 hours". The meat was tender, super soft. I'm not a fan of ribs though. I get sickened by them really easily, and these were not excluded from that. 

The curly fries seemed cold when served though. Not sure if took too long to Instagram this shit so made it cold or it was served cold. 



Memphis Wings (3 for $5)

How can one visit this place without trying their Memphis Wings (3 for $5)?

These were smoked chicken wings -- sour, and supposedly spicy. There are 3 levels of hot-ness that you could choose: Peri Peri, Chipotle BBQ and Ass Burner. I'm one to tank spicyness, but Chipotle BBQ did not taste one bit spicy. Not kidding. Would go Ass Burner next time. Everyone should go Ass Burner.

These wings were okay. Not extraordinarily impressive or anything. Probably won't order again.


Memphis Wings
18 Parkers Farm Pl, Casula NSW 2170
Ph. (02) 9601 3331


On my list to try [next time]: Original Philly Steak, Tacos and Cheese Sticks!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Show Emoticons