Sunday, November 2, 2014

Bonnyrigg: Tornados Grill/Smokehouse

Another American eater today, Tornados Smokehouse. Not too far from where I live. Located across McDonalds, next to Crust Pizza and Subway.


There are both outdoor and indoor dining areas available. Both areas are comfortable, and were clean enough to sit!

Their menus are pinned up top and each meal has their own description of contained ingredients. Handy, and sleek.


Order, receive your number and choose a seat. They will call out your number when food's ready. The girl behind the counter on the day was really sweet and friendly. I can't remember what I asked her, but she replied very kindly! Lovely customer service (for the first time).

Again, I was with my sister (food-buddy), so we ordered two meals: Black Tornado (combo) and Hot Hell Dog.


Yam, yam, yam!

Hot Hell Dog ($10.90) contains "hell bbq, cayenne mayo, jalapeno, cheese sauce, bacon strips, onion strings". Also came with cole slaw.... which tasted bad as hell. Seriously. it had such a yucky bitter after-taste. Gah.


My friend told me she LOVED this, reason why I got it, else I would've went for a burger. I don't usually eat hot dogs.

This, is not very well done though. The frankfurt, feels like they've bought it from Woolworths, boiled them (or whatever) and then sliced them. The whole thing was a bit of an overshot. It's just too big for me to eat (small mouth, ahem).

The onion rings were a bit, soggy. The bun was also hard. Overall, another meal that I feel like I could've made at home. Disappointing.


On the other hand, my sister got...


Black Tornado Burger in a combo ($14.90), contains "beef, grilled onion, hell bbq, cayenne mayo, cheese, cheese sauce". The drink, we had to get it ourselves. Only drinks that comes with combos are 300mL cans OR a bottle of water. Get it yourself yo!

OK.

The one word I could describe this burger with is, sickening. Needs some greens. Must order these burgers with lettuce [next time], or else you'll feel totes murican' nomming down one of these. Hehe. I kidz. No stereotypes allowed here!


We shared both the burger and hotdog, and this burger was just, so so so sickening. It really needs some lettuce. However, besides that, I still don't think there's anything special about the two meals. Wouldn't order em' again.


Overall, would visit this place again to try some other meals, but not these two meals. If they don't impress next time, then bye-bye!


Tornados Grill/Smokehouse
Crn Elizabeth Drive & Smithfield Road, Bonnyrigg 2177
Ph. (02) 8786 1887


On my list to try [next time]: American Style Pork Ribs ($24.90/half), Tornados Buffalo Wings ($9.90/6 wings).




4 comments:

  1. Such a shame! One of my favourite places ever! Its unfortunate that you found there burger 'sickening' and that next time you'd "add lettuce to these burgers" as there are PLENTY of options with salads and or veggies! And as for the dog better too much then not enough i say!! Theyre my all time favourite dogs. Youd also find that the cans are 375ml.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeeeeeeeeeee. I do have some other that's on my list to try next time. I've asked my friend about it, and he said the first time he visited, he also felt like it was really poo, but everything got better after the second time!

      Definitely will re-visit this place~ ^_^

      Thanks for your input x

      Delete
  2. Really poo?????? Who are you. Do you realise your language is horrible ???? What food blogger talks like this. You loose all credibility from your language

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, I may lose all credibility, but I maintain my integrity and character. Credibility also comes from posting reviews which are genuine (as fk), may I add.

      Keep calling me a blogger, I've always denied that title, but secretly, I love it when people call me a food blogger ;)

      Delete