Sunday, October 19, 2014

Canley Vale: Chocolate Bliss (Coffee. Dessert)

Canley Vale's Chocolate Bliss today. Dessert on a budget.

I'm sure everyone's been here. I've been here twice, never realised how cheap the menu is!


Next to Chocolate Bliss, or behind, or somewhere near, is a very convenient parking. With lots of slots, so you'll be able to easily find parking nearby.


Spacious restaurant. Was clean on both times I've visited. But, both times were also very.... crowded. Like as you can see in the photo above. Ha.

The menu -- Good menu, good photos, good prices! Check their full menu here >


Love restaurant with photos on their menus. I'm no dessert queen, so I wouldn't know what a Chocolate Souffle look like at all! And all the fancy drinks too. However, with good photos comes high expectations for the food to look appetising just as it looks like in the photos!

My sister and I ordered a Chocolate Souffle ($8.50) on the day. Ridiculously affordable!



Served with vanilla ice cream (thank god!). This is the only presentable photo I could get before my fat piggy sister dug her spoon in to try to make the dark chocolate inside "ooze" out... which failed, and made the plate look all unappetising. Hm, it's probably not a dish that I'd order to share between two unless you're down to order drinks or can't take too much sweets. But then again, it's too much to finish by itself! #firstworldproblems

Twas' yummy though. The souffle was soft, and paired perfectly with the dark chocolate saucing. Nine out of ten people will probably get a sweet tooth, so it's good that the vanilla ice cream is there to balance everything out! I think an extra strawberry with this stuff would be nice. lol. Am I asking for too much?!

OK. Now the drinks! I ordered a Belgian Hot Milk Chocolate ($5). I won't speak too much about it, since I don't know much! It tasted alright, very little difference from a regular hot chocolate. I'd pick something else to try next time!



My sister ordered a Matcha Green Tea Frappe ($7). She's a fan of matcha green tea frappes and lattes. "Doesn't really hit my standards", she said. I personally thought it wasn't bad, but like her, I prefer Starbucks' matcha green over this too.. Still better than Gloria Jean's matcha greens doe. Urgh... that thing ruined matcha for me.



The customer service wasn't bad, but wasn't great. I've read somewhere online that the staff here has not one smile on their face. I don't care too much for smiles, but that reviewer didn't lie! The girl who served us (my sister's friend, please forgive me) lacked a smile, but she seemed naturally very quiet.

OK. Stop this, before things get personal!

(But if you happen to be reading this, I thought you were really pretty and really liked your make-up!)

We entered the restaurant and had to approach the counter to get our own menus (there was one staff on front and she was busy doing some things). Very unusual. Also need to order at the counter.

I forgive you doe. Only for your delicious Chocolate Souffle and affordability of your menu.


Chocolate Bliss
1/53 Canley Vale Road, Canley Vale 2166


On my list to try [next time]: Belgian Liege Waffles, Churros, Red Velvet Hot Chocolate.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Show Emoticons